Use Restriction Policy
Last updated: January 27, 2021
- Child exploitation, sexualization, or abuse: We don’t tolerate any activities that create, disseminate, or otherwise cause child abuse. Keep away and stop. Just stop.
- Doxing: If you are using Earthworks’ products* to share other peoples’ private personal information for the purposes of harassment, we don’t want anything to do with you.
- Infringing on intellectual property: You can’t use Earthworks’ products to make or disseminate work that uses the intellectual property of others beyond the bounds of fair use.
- Malware or spyware: Code for good, not evil. If you are using our products to make or distribute anything that qualifies as malware or spyware — including remote user surveillance — begone.
- Phishing or otherwise attempting fraud: It is not okay to lie about who you are or who you affiliate with to steal from, extort, or otherwise harm others.
- Spamming: No one wants unsolicited commercial emails. We don’t tolerate folks (including their bots) using Earthworks’ products for spamming purposes. If your emails don’t pass muster with CAN-SPAM or any other anti-spam law, it’s not allowed.
- Cybersquatting: We don’t like username extortionists. If you purchase an Earthworks product account in someone else’s name and then try to sell that account to them, you are cybersquatting. Cybersquatting accounts are subject to immediate cancelation.
- Violence, or threats thereof: If an activity qualifies as violent crime in the United States or where you live, you may not use Earthworks’ products to plan, perpetrate, or threaten that activity.
We’ve outlined these restrictions to be clear about what we won’t stand for. That said, this list is by no means exhaustive. We will make changes over time.
How to report abuse
See someone using an Earthworks product for one of the restricted purposes? Let us know via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate. If you’re not 100% sure, report it anyway.
*This policy and process applies to any product created and owned by Earthworks Environmental, LLC.